Zaporozya State Medical University, Zaporizhia
Zaporozya State Medical University is considered among the best medical colleges of Ukraine offering MBBS, MD, and numerous therapeutic courses. ZSMU is one of the most established advanced medical education organizations of Ukraine with the best level of accreditation among the medical universities in Ukraine. Zaporozya State Medical University is known for its exceedingly qualified staff, very much created a framework, magnificent material help which gives an abnormal state of showing process, nature of experts’ preparation, logical and therapeutic indicative work.
- Location: Mayakovs’koho Ave, 26, Zaporizhzhia, Zaporiz’ka oblast, Ukraine, 69000
- Founding Year: 1903
- Program name: General medicine
- Degree offered: MD
- Duration: 6 years (5+one year internship)
- Medium of Teaching: English
|Time difference from India||2 hours and 30 minutes before of India|
|Exchange Rate||1 INR = 0.38023 UAH|
Why study at Zaporozya State Medical University
- It is recognized as a higher education institution by the WHO, and MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Remarkable lectures are given by world-widely notable medical scholars and excellent doctors, pharmacists, dentists, etc.
- Modern Academic programs
- Experienced and highly qualified academic staff.
- International exchange programs.
- Possibility of an internship in more than 100 partner companies.
- Student-oriented environment.
- Best infrastructure.
- Excellent quality of education with classes conducted in 100% English medium.
- Low fee structure and low cost of living.
- Ukraine is a beautiful country. It is the safest country for girls’ education. Every year a large number of Indian students choose to study MBBS at Ukraine.
- Indian mess (Veg and Non-veg) is available for Indian students. Separate Indian warden is employed for the Indian students. 24 hrs wi-fi facility is available for the students.
At present Zaporozya State Medical University consists of:
- 5 academic buildings, 20 clinics, 5 students’ hostels for 2900 students, 2 canteens, a cafe, the library with more than 580.000 books, a concert hall.
- At present, there are 42 computer classrooms at the University providing students with educational programs based on the multimedia technologies and test controlling courses in the main subjects.
- There is a unique sports complex with three gyms, a stadium with a football field, track-and-field sectors, sports grounds for handball, mini-football, volleyball, basketball, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a shooting range, a chess-and-draughts club, a fitness club.
- The territory of the University is of 12 hectares of park zone, which is situated on the picturesque bank of the river Dnieper and make the campus convenient and comfortable.
- The University has its own a preventive-treatment dispensary and a sport-health resort on the seaside of the Azov sea.
- The University has good sports facilities. There is a unique sports complex at the University. Not far from the academic buildings and student hostels there is a stadium with track and field athletic sectors, football field, sports grounds for handball, mini-football, volleyball, basketball.
- Our University has three gyms, a swimming pool, tennis courts, a shooting range, chess and draught club, a fitness club. Student’s football matches take place regularly at the university. The best teachers of the university are in charge of all clubs and sports sections.
- Studies on physical training go in accordance with the academic curriculum for the 1-6 courses. There is a students’ club at the university. Different circles of amateur activities for those who like to play musical instruments, singing, and dance work there. There is a team of “Jolly and Quick-witted Club” which take part in the Ukrainian games of “JQC”. Every year the festivals “Student’s Autumn”, “Hello, We Are Looking For Talents”, many concerts and festivals are held at the university.
ZSMU has a library at the universities main building. The library owns 5,80,000 textbooks. In here the library provides an internet facility through 42 computers.
Zaporizhzhia Regional Hospital was established by order of the Zaporizhzhya Regional Health Department No. 77 of November 4, 1948. Currently, it is a powerful specialized medical and diagnostic facility with 776 beds, with more than 50 structural units, with 1,780 employees. The regional hospital has the highest accreditation category, is a scientific and practical base for 6 departments of Zaporizhia State Medical University, 7 departments of Zaporizhia Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, Zaporizhia Medical School. In 25 specialized departments annually receive treatment for more than 20 thousand patients, up to 8 thousand surgical interventions are performed. Zaporozya State Medical University has nearly 30 regional hospitals and clinics are associated with the ZSMU.
Faculty and Teaching
At 52 chairs about 70 professors and doctors of science, about 300 assistant-professors and candidates of science, the academicians of native Academies, Honorary workers of science and engineering, Honorary workers of higher institutions of Ukraine, State prize winners are engaged in pedagogical and scientific-research work. The total number of teachers with scientific degrees is above 81,3%. At many chairs, their total number is 100%.
At the preparatory department for foreign citizens, medical department, pharmaceutical department and also at the stage of post-diploma training more than 5000 thousand students, interns, holders of a master’s degree, members of a course, members of clinical studies, post-graduate students, persons working for a Doctor’s degree, among them 500 foreign citizens, are being trained.
The training is carried on the specialties: General medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacy. The new specialties Laboratory diagnostics and Technology of perfumery and cosmetic preparations will be opened in the nearest future
Zaporizhia is one of the warmest regions in Ukraine with an average daily high temperature of 16 degrees centigrade. The climate is much more unsettled than in central Europe and offers varied seasons with deep winters and warm summers. Due to the warmer temperatures, the best time for traveling is from May to September. Nearly unattractive for tourists are the cold months from November to March.