Stavropol State Medical University, Stavropol
Stavropol State Medical University was founded in 1938. Since that time thousands of highly skilled specialists working all over the world were prepared at the university. The university is situated in the large administrative, industrial, agricultural, scientific and cultural center- the city of Stavropol which is considered a pearl of the south of Russia. In 2010 all activity spheres of University were licensed and the State Accreditation Certificate was received.
- Location: Ulitsa Mira, 310, Stavropol, Stavropolskiy kray, Russia, 355017
- Founding Year: 1938
- Program name: General medicine
- Degree offered: MBBS
- Duration: 6 years
- Medium of Teaching: English
|Time difference from India||2 hours and 30 minutes before of India|
|Exchange Rate||1 Russian Ruble = 1.09 INR|
Why study at Stavropol State Medical University
- It is recognized as a higher education institution by the WHO, and MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Remarkable lectures are given by world-widely notable medical scholars and excellent doctors, pharmacists, dentists, etc.
- Modern Academic programs
- Experienced and highly qualified academic staff.
- International exchange programs.
- Possibility of an internship in more than 100 partner companies.
- Student-oriented environment.
- Best infrastructure.
- Excellent quality of education with classes conducted in 100% English medium.
- Low fee structure and low cost of living.
- Russia is a beautiful country. It is the safest country for girls’ education. Every year a large number of Indian students choose to study MBBS in Russia.
- Indian mess (Veg and Non-veg) is available for Indian students. Separate Indian warden is employed for the Indian students. 24 hrs wi-fi facility is available for the students.
The University has 4 students’ hostels, a sports complex with a swimming pool, gyms and sauna. There is a sports camp on the Black Sea coast of the North Caucasus, where our teachers and students have a rest every year.
The university has 7 computer classes, modern library, which numbers about 500,000 copies of books and periodicals, its own editions, the newspaper “Medics” and a scientific practice magazine. There is an internet center within the library.
Faculty and Teaching
The university has 75 chairs where 97 Doctors of Sciences, more than 300 Candidates of Sciences, 47 Honoured Physicians of the Russian Federation, 4 Honoured Scientists of the Russian Federation work. There are 7 faculties in the university where 4500 Russian and foreign students from 33 countries of the world are trained. In 2011 in Stavropol State Medical University new lines for preparation of specialities are opened: biology, biotechnology, physical training for persons with health deviations, economics, social work.
The climate is cold and temperate. The rainfall in Stavropol is significant, with precipitation even during the driest month. The average annual temperature in Stavropol is 8.5 °C. The average annual rainfall is 549 mm. July is the warmest month of the year. The temperature in July averages 20.9 °C. At -3.9 °C on average, January is the coldest month of the year.