North Sichuan Medical University, Sichuan
North Sichuan Medical College (NSMC) is a government-run college of medicine in Sichuan Province and is located in the second largest higher education centre of Sichuan Province—Nanchong, a famous city, the origin of the Three Kingdoms Culture. Its two campuses occupy an area of over 823,693 square meters.
NSMC has its national and international enrolment; its two campuses enrol nearly 10,000 students in undergraduate and postgraduate program. With the guidance of its motto, Commitment, Fraternity, Honesty, and Creativity, it has developed into an important national and provincial centre of higher medical education, disease prevention, and rheumatism treatment since its establishment in 1951.
- Location: Xihe Middle Rd, Shunqing Qu, Nanchong Shi, Sichuan Sheng, China, 637008
- Founding Year: 1951
- Program name: MBBS
- Degree offered: MBBS
- Duration: 6 years (5+ one-year Internship)
- Medium of Teaching : English
|Time difference from India||2 hours and 30 minutes before India|
|Official Languages||Standard Chinese|
|Exchange Rate||1 RMB = 10.09 INR|
Why study at Guangzhou Medical University
- Modern Academic programs
- Experienced and highly qualified academic staff.
- International exchange programs.
- Possibility of an internship in more than 100 partner companies.
- Student-oriented environment.
- Possibility of development.
- Best infrastructure.
- Study in English medium.
- Low fee structure and low cost of living.
- China is a beautiful country. It is the safest country for girls’ education. Every year a large number of Indian students choose to study MBBS in China.
- Guangzhou is an MCI and WHO approved medical college in China.
- Indian mess (Veg and Non-veg) is available for Indian students. Separate Indian warden is employed for the Indian students. 24 hrs wi-fi facility is available for the students.
- Classrooms are equipped with multimedia. Teachers for international students are highly qualified professors. Its two campuses occupy an area of over 823,693 square meters.
- Well-appointed hostels with fully furnished Air-conditioned rooms made for international students. Rooms are furnished with beds, TV, study tables, internet access, and air conditioning, Kitchen, public laundry. The hostels are given good protection by security agencies and police booths in the University.
- A state of the art laboratory equipped with all the medical instruments and hundreds of cadavers provide a rare opportunity for the students to learn and experiment.
- There is a separate hostel for boys and girls
- Well-appointed hostels with fully furnished Air-conditioned rooms made for international students. Rooms are furnished with beds, TV, study tables, internet access, and air conditioning
- The hostels are given good protection by security agencies and police booths in the University
Its library has over 930,000 books and has subscribed to more than 1,567 Chinese, English, and foreign periodicals in addition to over 17,000 electronic periodicals both in Chinese and foreign languages. The library has 1920000 books and periodicals, with electronic reading rooms. A special reading room is well equipped for international students so that they can read original English newspapers, books, and periodicals. The school possesses a rich reserve of books. It has textbooks and reference materials for medical sciences in English medium.
The Affiliated Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College is one of the best hospitals in northeast Sichuan. It is the only hospital under direct jurisdiction of North Sichuan Medical College. It has an affiliated Nursing School, which is a technical secondary school.
Nanchong Central Hospital became the Affiliated Nanchong Central Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College and the Second Clinical College of North Sichuan Medical College in 2005.
Other affiliated hospitals include the following:
- The Affiliated Bazhong Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College
- The Affiliated Suining Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College
- The Affiliated Mianyang 404 Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College
- The Affiliated Guang’an Hospital of North Sichuan Medical College
Faculty and Teaching
NSMC has over 400 members of the faculty holding Master’s or Doctorate degrees. More than 300 have obtained the academic title of professor and associate professor. In addition, there are over 50 returned scholars and experts. Over 20 of them enjoy special government subsidies or have been given positions of national leadership in their field. The college has first-class clinical training centre; an advanced multimedia courseware making system; and a 1000m-campus network of leading technology. All classrooms are equipped with multimedia teaching facilities, occupying more than 45,000m2. The total value of the college’s equipment for teaching and scientific research has amounted to more than 400 million Yuan (RMB).
North Sichuan Medical College is famous for its Faculty of Medical Imaging, which is one of the first five medical imaging faculties in China. In 2005, North Sichuan Medical College began to enroll its first postgraduate students. There are 100% international teachers teaching English Medium MBBS to international students.
There are three national scientific research labs, three provincial key subjects, one key lab, one top-quality course, and 13 key courses on the provincial level. NSMU offers 16 specialties for undergraduates and 8 for junior college student. There are more than 20,000 Chinese and international students studying at NSMU at present.
This area has a subtropical monsoon climate. It is fairly warm in the winter, dry in the spring, hot in the summer, and rainy in the autumn. The average temperature in January is 5-8 degrees Celsius