Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy, Dnipro
Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) was founded on September 15, 1916, on the basis of Ekaterynoslavsky higher female courses Institute. Institute acquired the status of State Academy in 1920 and it was confirmed again to Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) in Ukraine in 1994 by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine № 224 dated 20 April 1994.
Foundation and the establishment of the Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) were led by eminent scientists with world-known names, such as VP Karpov, Oleg S.Abrazhanov, O. Drzhevetsky, L. Gromashevsky, L.S. Halperin, M.F. Rudnev, G.F. Tsomakion, N.S. Kakhiani, M.S. Stanishevskaya, M.O. Kabanov, O.I. Talyantsev, I. Troitsky, S.M. Kompaneets, M.V. Donici, AV Padlewski, etc.
- Location: Volodymyra Vernadskoho St, 9, Dnipropetrovs’k, Dnipropetrovs’ka Oblast, Ukraine, 49044
- Founding Year: 1916
- Program name: General Medicine
- Degree offered: MD (MBBS/ General Medicine)
- Duration: 6 years
- Medium of Teaching: English
|Time difference from India||2 hours and 30 minutes before of India|
|Exchange Rate||1 INR = 0.38023 UAH|
Why study at Dnipropetrovsk State Medical University
- Fee Structure of MBBS in Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy is very reasonable that makes MBBS in Ukraine for Indian students very attractive.
- To study MBBS in Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy, the admission is direct and simple.
- MBBS in Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy is available in English medium.
- An MBBS in Ukraine makes one eligible for MCI Screening, USMLE-1, PLAB, etc. provided the university is well-chosen.
- The cost of living in Ukraine is quite affordable and the friendly people of the country also make it a good experience.
- The teaching staff of Dnipropetrovsk state medical is exceptional in their expertise. Academy consists of world-class medical scientists, doctors, professors and surgeons at the university and training hospitals. Moreover, It has continuous circle of visiting professors all over the world. The graduates learn from visiting teachers from all over the world during their 5 or 6 years of degree.it gives global exposure to the students.
The Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) occupies an area of 85 hectares. Academy has 8 academic buildings with a total area of 52000 square meters, in which 608 classrooms, offices and laboratories are located.
Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) has 7 hostels for students with an area of 46000 sq.m. 2849 students can stay at the Academy’s hostels. The Academy has a sports complex (which includes gaming, fencing, fitness room, table tennis hall, wrestling, swimming pool, shooting gallery, a sports stadium with tennis courts), vivarium, a sanatorium, country sports camp for 250 people, academic library with electronic devices, Techno-centre and two museums.
Dnipropetrovsk has its own scientific library and online library.
Students’ Scientific Society (SSS) of Academy has 40 student research groups, covering more than 450 students. This creates conditions for creative work, gaining confidence in their ability to master academic materials to achieve the necessary professional skills.
Work SSS includes:
- Work on experimental and clinical research;
- Organizing and conducting student conferences, scientific and educational work at the DMA; Preparation of materials for presentations and participation in international, national, intercollegiate and interdepartmental conferences;
- Publishing of students’ scientific journal “Dniprovsky Medical Journal”.
Faculty and Teaching
- 646 teachers work at the departments of Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA), among them are 98 Doctors of Medical Sciences, 359 Candidates of Medical Sciences,1 Academician of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine,1 Corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,2 Corresponding members of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine.
- Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) is having the highest (the 4th) level of accreditation among all universities of Ukraine. In 1922 the Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) organized and edited two scientific medical journals: “Ekaterynoslavsky Medical Journal” and “New Surgical Archive”. When the Academy created a single scientific society that was theoretical, surgical, therapeutic, orthopedic, trauma and pediatric sections. The Academy trains specialists in all faculties in English, Russian and Ukrainian languages. Throughout its history, the Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) has trained about 49 000 doctors, dentists, pharmacists, and nurses-bachelors. At present 4500 students are studying in Dnipropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA), among them are 700 students from 36 countries are getting training in different specialties, among them mostly students are from Jordan, Syria, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sudan, Palestine, China, Morocco, Lebanon, Kenya, Ghana, and others.
- The academic staff considers the constant improvement of educational quality to be the main task corresponding to the present requirements. More than 600 teachers (among them 100 doctors and 350 candidates of sciences, 1 academician and 3 corresponding members of National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 1 corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine) help to master extremely difficult, responsible but infinitely grateful specialty at 7 faculties of medical academy (three faculties of general medicine, dentistry, two international and post-graduate studies faculties).
Dnipropetrovsk is shortly known as “Dnipro”. Dnipro is one of the dynamic and evergreen cities of Ukraine. It is located on the Dnieper River.
The climate of the city is cold and temperature with severe winters, no dry season and warm summers. In summers, Dnipro is severely hot with an average temperature of 24-28 C. The hottest month is May where the highest temperature is recorded as 36 C.
The winters are extreme, where temperature varies from -4 C to 0 C without snowfall. However, in December a mix of snow and rain usually happens where the temperature reaches -0.2 C.
The average annual temperature is 9 C and the rainfall is significant where the average temperature is 500mm.